Have you ever dreamed about being a fighter pilot in a high-octane 1940s warbird?
- Tailored aerobatics sessions to suit your level of comfort
- Fly for 30 minutes in the classic T-6 Texan a World War II fighter trainer
- Fully qualified, professional aerobatics pilot
- Enjoy loops, wingovers, barrel rolls and many more manoeuvres
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
The T-6 Texan was known as the ‘pilot maker’ because it trained over 100,000 allied pilots during WW II. Now you have the chance to experience the romantic 1940s and climb aboard this warbird for an adventure flight to the New England Gorge Country and some dizzying aerobatics on the return leg.
Upon arrival, you are given a full, pre-flight briefing and an introduction to the T-6 Texan aircraft plus an overview on the types of aerobatic manoeuvres you will encounter that’s right for your comfort level. After the briefing, jump aboard the warbird ready to depart Armidale Airport to head south-east over the New England Farmland toward Dangars Gorge.
At Dangars Gorge you link up with Gara Gorge before proceeding back to the airfield. During the return leg your pilot takes the Texan to a safe aerobatics height where you’ll experience aerobatics from dives, rolls, Cubin 8s and loops and more.
Feel the G forces as you carve up the sky. Experience the unique sound, the smell and the feel of a beautifully restored supercharged fighter trainer.
Finally, you return to the airport where you began and safely land ready for some photos alongside the plane.