Your V8 hot laps at Sandown Raceway puts you in the driving seat for 6 thrilling laps with a choice of a V8 Commodore or Falcon.
- The V8 challenge of a life time on the famous Sandown Raceway
- Take to the wheel like Brabham, Moss and Bowe in a Holden Commodore or Ford Falcon
- 6 mega laps and lots of awesome turns with straights where you'll get to 200km/h
- Savour the force, feel the grunt, sample the grip over 3.1 km of stunning trackway
You just can’t beat the thrill of V8 hot laps. And this is the ideal place to do it – Sandown Racway; home of Brabham and Moss. And with this awesome gift experience you get no less than 6 exhilarating laps to enjoy.
But when that drive takes place in a genuine V8 supercar, well, the drive just gets a whole lot more thrilling. And that’s not all – you even get to choose between the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore. Two classic muscle cars you’ll just love to drive to kingdom come on the famous sandown raceway!
Built in the early 60’s, Sandown's Motor Circuit has long stood as the premium car racing circuit in Melbourne and is perfect for driving a v8. One of the key features of the circuit is an exciting back straight which leads into a very fast entry into Dandenong Road corner.
Can it get any better than that? The answer has to be No as you hurtle about at 200km/h on this 3.1km long track with its 13 challenging turns that will test any roadster when they drive a v8.
As an option available on the day, you can choose to purchase an in-car USB recording and a photo souvenir. These are available for $49 each.
Dates are provided as a guideline and are subject to daily change.
I was accommodated along the way every time I contacted gifts that thrill. I had a hick up with my recording during my laps and the most impressive thing was the commitment from the staff to get me a working recording of my experience. I was allowed to continue doing laps until the issue was rectified and the recording finally worked. Thanks you for my experience it was amazing and will definitely do this adventure again.
The quality of service from Gifts That Thrill was beyond my expectation, venue and staff also excellent. My first drive was postponed but I re booked the V8 experience with no hassles. It does help to have a sunny day in Melbourne.
My V8 experience was well organised, professionally run and enjoyable. I was just a bit revved up afterwards and got my friend to do the driving home!
I thought the whole day was great. Driving the car was a real adrenaline burst, loved every minute.
My V8 experience was a great day for me as it was a gift from my fiance and I really enjoyed racing around the track. Everybody was really friendly and my friends and family were able to come along and watch and enjoy the day as well.
Really had a great time. The instructors were superb and really let you push the cars. Recommended to anyone who loves driving.
Incredible... couldn't ask for more. Thanks for a great experience.
It was a real head rush, something i have always wanted to do.. Buzzing around a race track at breakneck speed
this experience was more suited to novus drivers
Great day experienced by my two sons.took 12 months to get them organised but they thought it was sooooooo good. Big thanks to Phil on the other end of the phone for being so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for Phil, thanks Phil.Bradshaw family.
Was pretty excited to jump into the car on the weekend - but the experience was completely ruined by the instructor driver. I can understand they are there to maintain safety in the high speed situation, and we all expect the instructors to instruct/dictate how best to drive the car to first timers - not a problem. In my instance some instruction was given by an instructor who seemed very uninterested in being there, however my objection comes to when its no longer instructive - ie cursive and basically abuse - how did you pass a driving test' or 'you shouldnt have a license' or that 'your going to cause serious accidents'. This is not acceptable and beyond ruining it for me, it was probably even more disappointing for my family who had organised it as a present.Ive driven bikes,4x4,small and large cars, manual and auto's for over 10 years with out issue no crashes of or any kind. The issue was passed on to the girls at reception on the day however there wasnt much that could be done as the cars would be out on the track continuing with others for some time.
Well set up, great organisation.
great day ,will do it again thanks
- Prepare for the experience with rally briefing that covers the basic principles of Rally driving
- All equipment is supplied including a full race suit and helmet.
- Complete 6 laps on our purpose built rally track.
- Take home a course completion certificate to remember your day by.
- 16 laps of heart-pounding rally driving on a fantastic rally track
- The thrill of brute power in turbo Subarus and Mitsubishis
- Learn the art of sideways cornering. Race away down the straights just like a true rally pro
- Enjoy a hot lap driven by the pros
- Learn how to drift a car just like in the movies
- Discover the art of drifting in a super cool Nissan 180 SX with the guidance of a pro
- Amaze your friends and family when you tell them how you drove the car sideways
- Enjoy a minimum of 20 corners of drifting plus one hot lap driven by a pro