Take off in a mighty WW2 Wirraway aircraft, built in 1939 and one of only 5 in existence around the world.
- Arrive for a pre-flight and safety briefing
- Full introduction to the aircraft, its history and capabilities
- 20 minute flight in the Wirraway
- A very rare opportunity to experience a piece of Australian Aviation history
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
A 1939 Wirraway aircraft is a piece of Australian history.
There are only 5 Wirraway aircraft left in the world and you can enjoy a very rare taste of nostalgia right here at Rutherford.
The Wirraway saw action as a makeshift bomber and in ground attack missions in WW2. Its name stems from the Aboriginal word for Challenge.
After a briefing and an introduction to this mighty aircraft by your pilot, you are strapped into the rear seat ready for take-off.
The Pratt and Whitney radial engine roars to life. Very soon you'll be experiencing those same feelings a bomber pilot had during WW2.
You get to experience all the sensations of this aircraft for a full 20 minutes. For the aviator boff, this is bound to topple the gyros.