Take off from the Hunter Valley and conduct a tactical reconnaissance mission of the Newcastle area in a YAK 52 airplane.
- Arrive for a pre-flight and safety briefing
- Full introduction to the aircraft, its history and capabilities
- 35 minute flight in a Russian built YAK 52 at low altitude
- Aerobatics from loops, rolls to Cuban eights.
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
After the initial briefing and an introduction to the YAK, you are strapped into the rear seat of the plane.
The radial engine roars to life as your pilot prepares the plane for take off.
You can hear everything that is said between the pilot and traffic control. Then with clearance, the plane thunders down the runway and up into the open skies.
At a safe height, your mission begins.
You’ll stay low below radar coverage for most of the flight. If you live locally, you’ll get to see your home from a view unseen before. And on the return leg, your pilot performs some optional aerobatic manoeuvres from loops, stall turns to Cuban eights.