An exhilarating introduction to canyoning. Explore the stunning rainforest in a heady combination of climbing, jumping, swimming and abseiling.
- The Empress Canyon is perfect introduction to canyoning in Australia.
- Explore the canyons breathtaking rainforest scenery and sculptured rock formations.
- Learn a variety of techniques including scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling and swimming.
- Finish your canyoning experience with a breathtaking 30m waterfall abseil.
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
Never heard of canyoning before? Described by some as 'white water rafting but without the raft', canyoning is one of the most exhilarating outdoor activities that people of all abilities can do.
Travel through canyons using a variety of techniques including walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling and even swimming. Imagine swimming through remote gorges, abseiling down waterfalls, and zip-lining into icy pools – it’s every outdoor adventurer’s dream rolled into one!
Navigating the Empress canyon is the perfect introduction to canyoning. Explore the canyon’s stunning majestic rainforest scenery and sculptured rock, and even spot one of the Canyon’s resident bright orange crayfish! Build your canyoning experience with a heady mixture of clambering over boulders, leaping into deep pools, short swims (max.10m), rock jumps from 2m up to 5m and a breath-taking grand-finale 30m waterfall abseil!
Your canyoning guide provides a warm, thick wetsuit, canyoning harness, backpack and helmet. Once you are geared up, you undertake some initial safety instruction and abseil preparation training, then off you go to start our journey into the depths of the canyon!
While suitable for beginners, if you are a keen canyoner, your guide can show you extra obstacles to ensure the Empress Canyon trip is as challenging as it is rewarding.
The experience lasts approximately 3 hours. Your memories will last a lifetime!