Abseil into the Grand Canyon to discover a secret maze of 1000 steps cutting through the landscape where the dinosaurs roamed!
- Plunge into the canyon with an exhilarating 20m overhanging abseil
- Discover the remarkable maze of over 1000 manmade steps that winds its way through the canyon
- Scramble over slippery rocks and swim in the cold water of deep pools of this secret rainforest landscape
- Enjoy the view from Evans Lookout: one of the Blue Mountains most spectacular panoramas
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
Prepare yourself for the experience of a lifetime. Enter a secret world, accessible only to the bravest of adventurers. The Grand Canyon - this is the Australia where the dinosaurs roamed!
Australia’s Grand Canyon is truly unique and remarkable. Hidden in the depths of the Blue Mountains, unlike its more famous US namesake, you can’t directly drive to the edge of this canyon to take in its splendour. Instead, you must don a wetsuit, helmet and harness and abseil into the gloom.
Entry the canyon is via a 20m overhanging abseil. Then hike down into the temperate rainforest through steep pagodas of rock and swim, scramble and slide before you hike back out the other side.
The most remarkable thing about this canyon, though, is that while it seems untouched by time - a myriad of over 1,000 humanmade steps meander through the moss-covered rocks. Completed in 1906, this remarkable human-made track many thought could never be built because of its engineering challenges. And yet here they stand, defiant among glades of towering sassafras, coachwood and tree ferns. This is quite literally landscape art at its finest.
But your adventure doesn’t end there. At the end of your steep walk out of the canyon, you are rewarded with one final gem: Evans Lookout, one of the Blue Mountains’ most spectacular panoramas.
Come to the Grand Canyon - where adventure, natural beauty and tranquillity provide a remarkable insight into the untold story of the Blue Mountains.
Your experience takes approximately 4 hours. Your memories will last a lifetime!