Delightful sights and delectable sustenance await on this dual flight and tour of Maria Island.
- Return flights over the Freycinet Peninsula, Wineglass Bay and the east coast
- 90-min walking tour of the diverse, scenic Maria Island National Park
- Potential encounters with the rare, endangered swift parrot and Cape Barron goose
- Sumptuous picnic lunch with local Tasmanian seafood and wine
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
Departing Cambridge Airport, we'll take you by private aeroplane over the Freycinet Peninsula. The breathtaking Freycinet National Park greets you as it rises like a vision. Dramatic pink granite mountains. Secluded bays. Crystal clear waters. Pristine white beaches. It’s just the beginning of your great journey - one filled with truly spectacular and unforgettable sights.
Rest your gaze on Tasmania’s most iconic white sands beach: Wineglass Bay. Leaving the peninsula, we’ll fly over the seal colony of Ile Des Phoques. Before long, we touch down on Maria Island. We’re here for the island national park. A place of natural beauty and utter serenity. The dwelling place of rare wildlife. Enfolded within the impressive scenery of Mount Maria, and the Bishop and Clerk peaks.
Wander through the forests of great blue and white gum trees. Unbelievably, some are over 400 years old and unique to the area. Famous for its abundance of wildlife, Maria Island is home to many rare and endangered species. You might glimpse the swift parrot and the Cape Barron goose here. Of course, you’ll also find gambolling wombats, kangaroos and resident, the Tasmanian Devil. Our 90-minute exploration includes a delicious lunch with local Tasmanian seafood and wine. Finally, we’ll return home by air to Hobart.