Enjoy an amazing 45-minute scenic flight around the Redcliffe Peninsular in an open cockpit Tiger Moth bi-plane that's been beautifully restored to better than new condition.
- Begin with an introduction to this marvellous plane and a safety briefing
- Track to Beachmere around Glasshouse Mountains.
- Enjoy magnificent views from your position in front of the pilot
- A great way to experience the classic aviation years.
Take a scenic flight in a fully restored Tiger Moth, a very robust, reliable and strong aircraft that evolved from the Gipsy Moth. At the outbreak of WWII the Tiger Moth was the basic trainer for all airmen in the Commonwealth and the last biplane trainer used by the RAAF.
You'll begin your journey with an introduction to this marvellous aircraft and a safety briefing before taking to the sky for a 45-minute joy flight around the Redcliffe coast.
Your flight takes you back to the by-gone years with everything from the smell, the sound and the classic seating to put you in the classic years of aviation.
There's even the flight goggles and leather flight suit. Oh, what a picture! Get ready Biggles.
With a full 45-minutes spend in the air; your flight takes in the sights of Beachmere before passing around Glasshouse Mountains and back to Redcliffe.
The operators were very friendly and helpful and the flight was as I expected. The inability to communicate with the pilot whilst in the air resulted in my being a dumb passenger. Having previous flying experience in similar but closed cockpit aircraft I would have liked to have experienced some of the more exciting abilities of the Tiger Moth short of aerobatics which I understand they shy away from.
Really enjoyed my flight, I would recomend it
- Enjoy a scenic flight around your local airport, learning the basic controls of a jet airliner and being in command of a take off and a landing.
- Your experience as Captain begins with a pre flight briefing from your co pilot. Run through the checklists and prepare for take off.
- You get to spend a full half hour at the controls of the aircraft.
- Experience what its like to take off, cruise and land a passenger aeroplane.
- Select from a range of different 1 hour flight simulation options including City to City, Take off and Landings and Challenging Approaches
- Your experience as Captain begins with a pre flight briefing from your co pilot. Run through the checklists and prepare for take off
- You get to spend a full 90 minutes at the controls of the aircraft
- Experience what its like to take off, cruise at altitude and land a passenger aeroplane. It's the ultimate flight simulation experience