Take a step back in time and experience the feeling a young pilot had in 1942 when he climbed inside the cockpit of a Tiger Moth for the first time.
- Sit back and enjoy history and nostalgia all rolled into one great low-flying experience
- Enjoy this awesome flight in the fabulous open cockpit of the Tiger Moth bi-plane
- Be thrilled by the stunning view of Cape Byron and its famous lighthouse at just 500 feet
- Gaze down in amazement at the whales and dolphins along the spectacular east Australian coastline
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
If you’ve not heard of the name, you will certainly know it by sight. It’s the marvellous and historic Tiger Moth biplane – and we have one just for you to fly in right here! And why is it so thrilling? Because the Tiger Moth is the open cockpit single rotor blade aircraft used by trainee RAF pilots during WW2. It was a time of leather helmets. Goggles. Bomber jackets. And the unmistakable chug of the single blade propeller.
So then what better way to have a Byron Bay adventure flight than in this wonderful flying machine?
This is a great way to enjoy the beaches of Byron Bay and to get a fantastic view of the famous Cape Byron Lighthouse. On this Tyagarah tiger moth flight you also get to see the quaint village of Bangalow, then Coolamon Scenic Drive and Mullumbimby, the biggest little town in Australia.
This 30 minute tiger moth flight is one you will enjoy for the rest of your life as you glide over Mt Chincogan down to Brunswick Heads where the river runs right through the town, and then back along the coast to Tyagarah Airstrip. Simply stunning!