Experience first hand the uniqueness and thrill of flight in a famous World War Two YAK-3 fighter.
- World record holder Steadfast
- In depth briefing covering history and capabilities of the YAK-3
- Enjoy 35 minutes of fun in the air
- Choice of mission area from Moreton Bay, Stradbroke or South East Queensland
It’s not every day you get the chance to fly in a world record holder Steadfast but this once-in-a-lifetime flying adventure is here for the taking.
Before strapping in, your pilot for the day, takes you through an in-depth briefing covering the history of the WWII YAK-3 and an overview of its fighter capabilities.
After an up-close look at the plane, you are strapped in securely. The Merlin engine roars into action as your pilot taxis out ready for take-off. That roar turns into something far louder as the throttle moves forward and the plane begins its journey down the runway.
The sound is the same sound that many young men heard as they took off on a mission over Northern Europe.
Now the adventure begins.
Starting with a simulation of the famous Dam Buster mission across Lake Wivenhoe, its quickly followed by a low-level strafe through the Glass House Mountains.
Experience the thrill of being low and fast before moving to a safe aerobatics height. Combat aileron rolls, barrel rolls and loops. High G’s. Twists and turns. The thrills are all here to be enjoyed. But you can choose to glorious straight and level flight if you prefer.
To complete the mission, there’s a high-speed run through the valleys of North Brisbane past Mt Glorious. Then back to Archerfield for a classic buzz and break manoeuvre prior to landing.
For the fighter buff, this experience is as thrilling as it sounds but no words can describe the smells, the sights and nostalgia you experience on the flight. It’s one big, remarkable adventure.
- Enjoy a scenic flight around your local airport, learning the basic controls of a jet airliner and being in command of a take off and a landing.
- Your experience as Captain begins with a pre flight briefing from your co pilot. Run through the checklists and prepare for take off.
- You get to spend a full half hour at the controls of the aircraft.
- Experience what its like to take off, cruise and land a passenger aeroplane.
- Select from a range of different 1 hour flight simulation options including City to City, Take off and Landings and Challenging Approaches
- Your experience as Captain begins with a pre flight briefing from your co pilot. Run through the checklists and prepare for take off
- You get to spend a full 90 minutes at the controls of the aircraft
- Experience what its like to take off, cruise at altitude and land a passenger aeroplane. It's the ultimate flight simulation experience