This 10 minute flight over the Yarra Valley offers the perfect introduction to the 1930s de Havilland DH-82 Tiger Moth.
- A short 10 minute teaser flight in a Tiger Moth
- Beautifully restored 1930s de Havilland DH-82 Tiger Moth
- Fully qualified, professional pilot with many years of experience
- A great insight into aviations bygone years
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
A Tiger Moth flight over the Yarra Valley awaits. Beautifully restored to its 1930s glory days, the Tiger Moth takes you back to the romantic, early years of aviation. Sit up front with all the regalia – goggles, helmet, leather jacket and who could forget the quintessential scarf.
Upon arrival at Lilydale Airport, you are given a full, pre-flight briefing and an introduction to the beautifully restored de Havilland DH-82 Tiger Moth aircraft. After the briefing, jump aboard the Tiger Moth and prepare for the initial spin of the propeller. Chocks away chaps, it’s time to take to the sky.
Once up in the sky, you’ll have just enough time to check out Yering, Coldstream and Yarra Glen before returning back to the airport. 10 minutes isn’t long but it’s enough to feel the sensations of a bygone era of aviation – the sights, the smells, the engine sounds and that feeling of the air through your hair.
Back at the airport there’s still plenty of time for photos alongside the plane. Step back in history and enjoy.