If you’ve never been in a Tiger Moth before, well, you’re in for a treat as you step back in time and fly the Cape Byron Lighthouse.
- History and nostalgia all rolled into one great experience
- Step back in time in the open cockpit Tiger Moth bi-plane
- Catch a stunning new view of Australias famous Cape Byron Lighthouse
- Enjoy the jaw dropping sight of whales and dolphins along this spectacular coastline
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
There are two great things about this experience. One, it takes place in a Tiger Moth fighter plane of the 1930s. Two, you get to see Australia’s most easterly lighthouse from a fantastic new angle.
If you’ve never been in a Tiger Moth before, well, you’re in for a treat. A tiger moth flight is like stepping back in time when this open cockpit single rotor blade aircraft was used by trainee RAF pilots during WW2. It was a time of leather helmets. Goggles. Scarves. Bomber jackets. And the unmistakable chug of the single blade propeller.
As for the lighthouse, this was built in 1901 in the James Barnet style, by his successor, Charles Harding. He is famous for his towers having large ornate crowns. In 1956, the beam from this lighthouse became Australia's most powerful.
This 15-minute adventure flight is one you will enjoy for the rest of your life as you fly over the magnificent beaches surrounding Byron Bay on your way to Cape Byron Lighthouse, spotting whales & dolphins as they swim in the surf below.
Two helpings of history and nostalgia; this is what you get with this excellent Byron Bay Flight.