Take off in a mighty WW2 Wirraway aircraft, built in 1939 and one of only 5 in existence around the world.
- Arrive for a pre-flight and safety briefing
- Full introduction to the aircraft, its history and capabilities
- 20 minute flight in the Wirraway
- A very rare opportunity to experience a piece of Australian Aviation history
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
A 1939 Wirraway aircraft is a piece of Australian history.
There are only 5 Wirraway aircraft left in the world and you can enjoy a very rare taste of nostalgia right here at Rutherford.
The Wirraway saw action as a makeshift bomber and in ground attack missions in WW2. It's name stems from the Aboriginal word for Challenge.
After a briefing and an introduction to this mighty aircraft by your pilot, you are strapped into the rear seat ready for take off.
The Pratt and Whitney radial engine roars to life. Very soon you'll be experiencing those same feelings a bomber pilot had during WW2.
You get to experience all the sensations of this aircraft for a full 20 minutes. For the aviator boff, this is bound to topple the gyros.