Go caving and climb into the truly adventurous underground world and explore a maze of underground boulder caves where you will find phosphorous glow worms, cave crickets and frogs!
- You will get muddy and a little wet but this is a great introduction to adventurous caving
- Using our safety equipment such as head torches and helmets you'll spend at least 2 hours underground exploring
- Our professional caving guides are there to ensure you have an enjoyable and awesome adventure.
- Our guides know these caves very well and offer insights into the granite boulder formation and fauna.
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
This cave system is found in the hills of the Yarra Valley, about 90 minute drive from Melbourne. Is this the most fun you can have without laughing? Perhaps! This tour is suitable for those with little or no prior experience of caving.
Firstly we meet you at our designated point where you can grab a quick coffee or snack and then you can use our shuttle transfer service to the caves or drive your own car down dirt roads to get there. After getting into your caving gear, our guides will give you our safety and activity briefing. Then the adventure truly begins as you climb through rocky entries into the mysterious underground world and explore a maze of boulder caves. You'll find phosphorous glow worms, cave crickets and your way out!
About 2 hours is spent underground exploring although there are many opportunities to exit the caves and re-enter different parts of the system too. This system has 8 entry points that we use regularly.
During the caving, you'll usually get wet and muddy as this is a live system with a small creek running through it. As the caves are at the head of a gully, they will not flood while you are underground. Our friendly guides always make your safety and enjoyment their priority.