Check out the vibrant streets of Melbourne the unique way – from the water!
- 2.5-hour kayak tour of Melbourne, from the Yarra River to historic waterways
- Wind through both old and new areas, with historical commentary on the old docks
- Smooth paddling even without experience designed for those with little to none
- Inclusive of all safety equipment as well as photos of your excursion
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
Enjoy relaxation and excitement rolled into one! Only possible with this cruise of Melbourne’s waterways. Vibrant sounds and gentle music will reach you. Don’t miss this leisurely paddle through the city’s beating heart. You'll learn all about the history of the old port, and see attractions both old and new.
We begin our kayak tour in the city centre, on the Yarra River. Our guides can’t wait to meet you too. First, we’ll get a bit of admin done. Then we’ll fit each of your life jackets (plus spray jackets and thermals if it’s cold). You'll be paired up and the rudder system adjusted for back-person steering. A quick word on safety, then without further ado, we’ll get on the water.
Feeling a gentle breeze on your face, but no waves or sea spray, we’ll set out. And there are lots to see. Some highlights: the former Customs House, historical ships, former waterfall, Mission for Seamen, old warehouses and Bolte Bridge. You’ll enjoy the light music and historical commentary on the old docks area. And the more you know, the more you’ll feel the city grow on you.
There’s a rest stop halfway through the tour. Go on, stretch your legs or have a snack and drink. You’ll then paddle back to the start and disembark at the rowing landing. Walk off into the rest of your day having seen the freshest side to Melbourne!