Immerse yourself in a full day of kiln formed glass under the guidance of a professional that leads you through the process of glass cutting, fusing and operating a kiln.
- Enjoy a tour of a working glass studio, view the many exhibits that help inspire your creativity
- Learn the art of glass fusing through demonstrations and hands on experience
- Share your creations and thoughts with others over a light lunch in a relaxed atmosphere
- Complete your creation ready for the firing process
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
Warm glass, also known as glass fusing or slumping, is an ancient artistic technique that goes back to the second millennium BC. The process involves cutting and heating glass to various temperatures so as to melt, fuse or reshape it using the principles of gravity.
Whether you are a beginner or glass hobbyist this workshop is sure to fascinate you. Learn to use the huge range of coloured fusible glasses including the popular color-shifting dichroics to make your own dazzling glass jewelry.
Commencing with a tour of a working glass studio, you'll learn the art of glass fusing through demonstrations and hands on experience. Your creation is fired overnight and available for collection the following day from the studio or selected pick-up point.
Included are a full set of class notes and simple instructions for assembling the fired pieces. Come and enjoy the thrill of creating your very own fashion pieces!