Learn about traditional Greek food and culture on this walking tour, led by a Greek that enjoys sharing stories.
- Sample Greek cuisine at Greek eateries
- Visit a Greek cake shop and learn about the wonderful baked goods
- Enjoy a progressive 3-course lunch
- Enjoy the tastes, smells and full experience of sampling Greek food
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
One notable suburb that became increasingly infiltrated with Greeks and even today continues to gain momentum as a major Hellenic precinct, is Oakleigh.
On this Greek food walking tour, you'll find out the stories of migration and what role food played in the upholding of culture and tradition. Your host is knowledgeable and loves the culture of her home country. She looks forward to sharing her stories with you.
Explore some of the delicious eateries of Oakleigh, and uncover the best places to enjoy authentic Greek food. You visit a Greek cake shop and learn about the various types of cakes among Greek cuisine. Sample traditional baked goods made fresh daily on-site, taste deli produce and learn about the products that heavily feature in Greek home kitchens. Visit a Greek store to learn about religious customs and cultural traditions and lastly enjoy delicious souvlaki and learn about the different ways it is prepared and served.