Climb into the Winjeel CA-25 and experience barrel rolls, wing overs and more high up above the Yarra Valley.
- One of the few Victorian built Winjeel CA-25 aircraft
- Experience a 20-minute flight over the Yarra Valley region
- Pratt and Whitney Wasp Junior 9-cylinder radial engine
- 20 minutes of pure thrills you will never forget
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
For the adventurous, this Winjeel aerobatics flight gives a taste of what it was like to train as a new recruit in the Royal Australian Air Force.
Built by the Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation, the Winjeel is a 1950s aircraft whose name is derived from the aboriginal word meaning ‘young eagle’.
It’s a 3-seater, so it can take 2 passengers plus the pilot but this aerobatics flight is strictly for one plus the pilot.
You take off in the Winjeel from Lilydale Airport where you’re treated to some amazing views over the Yarra Glen, Healesville, the Yarra River and Sugarloaf Reservoir.
At a safe aerobatics height, your experienced pilot performs wingovers, loops and barrel rolls. You'll experience up to 4g's whilst doing these manoeuvres. Will your stomach be able to take it? It's certainly one flight to tick off the bucket list.
After you've landed, there's time to take some pictures and celebrate alongside the Victorian-built aircraft. It’s a flight of nostalgia and a stomach testing experience all at the same time.