Slip on your flying helmet and climb up the wing into the Boeing Stearman, 1940s vintage WWII biplane.
- Tailored aerobatics sessions to suit your level of comfort
- Fly for 30 minutes in the classic Boeing Stearman a World War II trainer biplane
- Fully qualified, professional aerobatics pilot
- Enjoy loops, wingovers, barrel rolls and many more manoeuvres
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
Climb aboard! Let the wind blow in your hair. It’s time to enjoy a touch of the romance of the 1940s in a Boeing Stearman. We’ll take you out to New England Gorge Country and perform some gyro toppling aerobatics on the return leg. You’ll even get to wear the leather flying helmet and goggles.
Start your day with a pre-flight briefing, an introduction to the Boeing Stearman aircraft plus an overview on the types of aerobatic manoeuvres you will encounter. Then jump aboard the Stearman ready to depart Armidale Airport to head south-east over the New England Farmland toward Dangars Gorge.
At Dangars Gorge you link up with Gara Gorge, see the Mihi Falls, the Blue Hole and more before proceeding back to the airfield. During the return leg, your pilot takes the Stearman to a safe aerobatics height where you’ll experience aerobatics from dives, rolls, Cubin 8s and loops and more.
Feel the G forces as you carve up the sky. Experience the unique sound, the smell and the feel of a beautifully restored supercharged fighter trainer.
Finally, you return to the airport where you began and safely land. There’s plenty of time for photos alongside the plane. Step back in history and enjoy.