Explore the beautiful Whitehaven beach and the Whitsunday's from a powerful Russian trainer, the YAK-52.
- Full briefing and tour of the YAK-52 aircraft
- Fly over breathtaking views of the Whitsunday Islands
- Experience aerobatics with the stunning backdrop of Airlie Beach
- Perfect for those that enjoy more extreme aerobatics
- Includes experience gift pack with personalised voucher and message card
Whitehaven is Australia's most beautiful beach and flying over it is one very thrilling way to view it.
Commence with a briefing covering all the important safety procedures. You'll soon be buckled up and ready to take to the skies departing from our base at Whitsunday Airport.
Your pilot starts the engine and waits for clearance from air traffic control before taking you skyward in the mighty Russian YAK. The YAK has a mighty, 9 cylinder, radial engine that effortlessly powers you up to 3500 feet.
At cruising altitude, there's time to take in the sights. Smile for the camera over Hill Inlet for the iconic postcard shot but a shot with a difference. You'll be upside down. Now that's a selfie worth posting.
After some manoeuvres over Hill Inlet and Whitehaven Beach and lots of selfies along the way, you track back to Airlie Beach to perform combat manoeuvres and aerobatics before heading back to the airport.