Explore the beautiful Whitehaven beach and the Whitsunday's from a powerful Russian trainer, the YAK-52.
- Full briefing and tour of the YAK-52 aircraft
- Fly over breathtaking views of the Whitsunday Islands
- Experience aerobatics with the stunning backdrop of Airlie Beach
- Perfect for those that enjoy more extreme aerobatics
Whitehaven is Australia's most beautiful beach and flying over it is one very thrilling way to view it.
Commence with a briefing covering all the important safety procedures. You'll soon be buckled up and ready to take to the skies departing from our base at Whitsunday Airport.
Your pilot starts the engine and waits for clearance from air traffic control before taking you skyward in the mighty Russian YAK. The YAK has a mighty, 9 cylinder, radial engine that effortlessly powers you up to 3500 feet.
At cruising altitude, there's time to take in the sights. Smile for the camera over Hill Inlet for the iconic postcard shot but a shot with a difference. You'll be upside down. Now that's a selfie worth posting.
After some manoeuvres over Hill Inlet and Whitehaven Beach and lots of selfies along the way, you track back to Airlie Beach to perform combat manoeuvres and aerobatics before heading back to the airport.
- Enjoy a scenic flight around your local airport, learning the basic controls of a jet airliner and being in command of a take off and a landing.
- Your experience as Captain begins with a pre flight briefing from your co pilot. Run through the checklists and prepare for take off.
- You get to spend a full half hour at the controls of the aircraft.
- Experience what its like to take off, cruise and land a passenger aeroplane.
- Select from a range of different 1 hour flight simulation options including City to City, Take off and Landings and Challenging Approaches
- Your experience as Captain begins with a pre flight briefing from your co pilot. Run through the checklists and prepare for take off
- You get to spend a full 90 minutes at the controls of the aircraft
- Experience what its like to take off, cruise at altitude and land a passenger aeroplane. It's the ultimate flight simulation experience